Wednesday, June 18, 2008

American Well Launches Today

Here is a link to their press release

I have been following this company for the better part of this year. I watched their online demo, have spoken with doctors, and Health 2.0 types - all to very mixed responses.

I am interested to see the adoption and the value of the service. Is this the next wave of boutique healthcare?

Also launching soon is Hello Health from Jay Parkinson, who emailed me today to say the it is imminent - having pushed it back from June 1.

They are blending home /office visits with online tools and virtual visits to care for patients in a 2.0 method.

Very interesting to see where all of this goes. I am going to the doctor tomorrow, and would rather just have a consult from my office, but I live in CT where we are slow to adopt to new healthcare technology!

No comments: