Friday, July 18, 2008

AllTop Aggregator

This has little to do with Medication Adherence, but everything to do with information on the web. If you are reading this, you probably read blogs and find health information online. Wouldn't it be great if a website captured all of these sites for you in one place, instead of searching different search engines? Now there is. It is called AllTop.

Here is their "purpose" taken from their About page:

We help you explore your passions by collecting stories from “all the top” sites on the web. We’ve grouped these collections — “aggregations” — into individual Alltop sites based on topics such as environment, photography, science, Muslim, celebrity gossip, military, fashion, gaming, sports, politics, automobiles, and Macintosh. At each Alltop site, we display the headlines of the latest stories from dozens of sites and blogs.

You can think of an Alltop site as a “digital magazine rack” of the Internet. To be clear, Alltop sites are starting points—they are not destinations per se. The bottom line is that we are trying to enhance your online reading by both displaying stories from the sites that you’re already visiting and helping you discover sites that you didn’t know existed. In other words, our goal is the “cessation of Internet stagnation” by providing “aggregation without aggravation.”

I have linked AllTop Health in my BlogRoll to the right if you are interested in going straight to the source. As you can tell, it not only is great for health blogs, but for almost everything else you can think of! I like the analogy to a "digital magazine rack", and have found some interesting blogs I did not know were out there.

Great job AllTop Team!

Here is my email to them to ask for inclusion on their site:

Dear AllTop Team:

I have been following Guy's tweets for the last few weeks about AllTop and am constantly amazed at how quickly you are adding topics and feeds. My own blog is about Medication Non-adherence, a pandemic that effects everyone involved in healthcare. 1 in 2 patients do not take medication as prescribed, costing the US over $300 Billion annually in unnecessary healthcare costs and lost revenue.

I discuss this issue, what is being done to address it, Health 2.0, pharma, and the healthcare industry in general. I do not think there is another blog quite like mine, save my inspiration, AllignMap, although I often pull information from different sources. With full disclosure, my company, Intelecare Compliance Solutions, is a healthcare technology company focused on increasing medication adherence, which I state front and center.

Today has been about following advice for me. I read @chrisbrogan's Mashable post about online branding, and followed some of his tips. I also read AllTop's About section and am now following your hints as to how to get on AllTop. I wrote a post about AllTop and have linked AllTop Health in my blogroll (which I would have done anyway since I use it).

Thus, I am submitting my blog for consideration to be added to AllTop Health. If accepted, I will add a badge, most likely "Kick Ass" although I do like "Bribes Work". I thought it inappropriate to add one without actually being accepted.

Thank you for consideration and I look forward to be listed on your site.

Best,
Alex Sicre

No comments: